Digital X-rays / Intra-oral Cameras
Dr. Elaine Gorelik is pleased to provide patients with the latest in advanced, digital radiography.
Digital x-rays have made diagnosis of dental problems and treatment easy and quick. With digital x-rays, there is no need to wait for x-ray reports, its right there on the doctor's monitor within a few minutes. Also, digital x-rays involve almost 90% less radiation that film type x-rays.
- Early Detection: The images are so clear that any kind of hidden dental cysts, solid growths, or tumors can be detected easily and timely treatment can be done. We take close look of the x-ray reports to give you complete dental treatment.
- Cost effective: As the results are directly shown on the monitor there is no expense of x-ray film developing equipment. This cuts down the cost of the treatment making it more affordable.
- Quick Results: Digital x-rays give instant results without letting any wastage of time. Our doctors take several x-rays during the treatment, if required, to see if all is fine and the treatment is benefiting the patient. We care for every patient at our clinic.
- High Accuracy: Digital x-rays offer high accuracy as latest color x-ray technique provide clearer images that can be enlarged for better view. This ensures that infections or any other dental problem does not remain hidden and gets treated in time. Your oral health is our duty.
Intra-oral cameras have revolutionized the entire patient-education process as a patient can now sit comfortably in a chair and get a clear picture of his tooth condition and make an informed decision before the condition gets worse. An intra-oral camera is a small pen sized tool attached to a computer or television monitor and comes with a disposable plastic sheath for contamination prevention. An intra-oral camera helps a dentist to take a video of the inside of the mouth of a patient. The video is then transmitted via a cable to a TV screen and can be viewed by both the patient and the dentist. The working of an intra-oral camera is very simple and easy:
Advantages of an intra oral camera:
- An intra oral camera reveals the early stages of any serious problem like cavity and gum diseases.
- The patient gets a clear view of the oral condition of his mouth and
this helps him make an informed decision.
- It also gives a realistic picture of a patient's regular dental hygiene; this enables the dentist to suggest steps to improve it.
- A patient can benefit by getting acquainted with a problem in its early stage.
- The pictures taken by the camera can be viewed by both the patient and the dentist and can be used later for a more thorough examination.