The field of dentistry is constantly evolving and changing to best suit patient needs. Dr Gorelik is always on the lookout for new and emerging technology to make our patients’ experience as comfortable as possible. Here is just a few of the different technologies that our Dental practice uses to ensure we provide world-class service to all our patients:
- VELscope—VELscope is a special type of light that a dentist will shine in a patient’s mouth to detect any abnormalities. This new form of technology is effectively used to detect early forms of cancer or disease during an oral cancer screening.
- Digital X-Rays—Digital X-rays are faster and contain less radiation than traditional X-rays. When a patient has a digital X-ray done, the image appears on the computer in a matter of seconds. Your dentist can then zoom into the image to better assess and educate the patient regarding their oral health. Digital X-rays are also less harmful for patients as they contain up to 90% less radiation compared to traditional X-rays.
- Invisalign—Invisalign are clear, practically invisible braces that can gently straighten your teeth. They provide an effective and comfortable way to straighten your smile without the inconvenience of wearing heavy, metal braces. Invisalign braces are easy to take out for cleaning and don’t require a restriction on what type of foods to eat. They get the job done in less time with less hassle.
- Laser —Lasers are used to improve efficiency and eliminate discomfort in a number dental procedures, including filling cavities, reducing tooth sensitivity, getting rid of tumors, and whitening. Laser dentistry is fast, painless, and can effectively eliminate any form of bacteria during the procedure to avoid any further complications or problems.
- Marnifying glasses- Loops . The binocular graduated lenses provide better precision due to their magnification. There are custom made to adapt not only to the doctors vision but also to the way they work. These prismatic lenses provide a magnification that allow Dr Gorelik and Dr Niki to work in minimal detail, resulting in a more precise esthetical and biological work as well as a faster and safer procedure.
- Intraoral Camera—The intraoral camera is a tool that dentists use to gain precise and well-defined pictures of hard to see places within a patient’s mouth. The camera also allows dentist to show these images to patients while assessing and educating the patient’s needs. This new form of technology allows dentist to conduct a thorough checkup of your mouth and better assess their patient’s oral care needs.
- CEREC CAD/CAM technology - This high-technology, computerized system enables us to make ceramic inlays, onlays, and crowns - in one office visit in many cases. Using a blue CAM video camera, a computer, an integrated milling unit, we can prepare, fabricate, and cement tooth-colored ceramic inlays, onlays, and crowns. The entire procedure can be completed in 60-90 minutes.
- Digital Smile Design –Using the latest 3D technology , the Digital Smile Design allows digital planning of the smile offering the patient an unique opportunity to see their treatment even before it begins. The smile created is personalized for each patient , respecting the physical characteristics and personality of each person and guaranties an aesthetic result.
By using new and advancing technology in our dental practices, we can make your visit as comfortable and efficient as possible!